Consumer Bill of Rights Good to know. So you’re good to go.
It’s important to know your rights when dealing with car insurance companies. Remember, you’re allowed to take your vehicle to the repair facility of your choice.
Don’t let the claim process be carried out exclusively by the insurance company. Insurance companies often recommend customers use one of their preferred repair facilities; however, insurance companies also allow you to take your vehicle to the repair facility of your choice.
There are many methods insurers use to carry out illegal steering:
- The insurance company tells the customer that if the consumer does not use the insurer’s DRP (Direct Repair Program), the repairs may be delayed. Finish Line takes pride on delivering a quality repair in a timely manner on every car.
- The insurance company may also state they will not be responsible for additional rental car expenses. If rental car coverage expires, Finish Line will provide the customer with a loaner car.
- The insurance company tells the consumer that the insurer will not guarantee the repairs unless the work is done at the insurer’s preferred shop or DRP. Finish Line provides a lifetime warranty on all repairs.
- The insurance company advises the consumer that the repairs will cost more if taken to the consumer’s chosen shop. Out of pocket expenses will not be incurred unless you request original manufacturers parts (OEM) and the insurance company will only pay for aftermarket parts.
- Insurers may also tell consumers that the consumer will be responsible for the difference. There never will be a difference unless OEM parts are requested as stated above.
Protect yourself. Know your rights.
For more information, contact Finish Line Collision today.